2007/05/07



Is it just me?

Or do French President-elect Nicolas Sarkozy and Kevin McDonald from Kids in the Hall look almost identical?

When I see a photo of Sarkozy, I cannot picture the Kid in the Hall mentally at the same time. Hence, my photoshop effort gracing the top of this post. It's for the sake of my own sanity!

They have the same lined forehead, the same heavily-lidded, sad brown eyes, the same thin-lipped smirk of a mouth, the waggly eyebrows, a drooping nose, even the same low-set ears. The only difference I can see is that Sarkozy has a Widow's peak and McDonald doesn't.

If I was Kevin McDonald, I would start working on my Sarkozy impersonation. Those guys' terms are eight years or something, so there is no doubt work is going to become available.

FYI back in the 80s I used to have the same problem differentiating between Winnie Mandela and Rita Marley.

And possibly others. I am pretty sure there were others...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't comment on the Sarkozy post. What gives? So I'll do it here.

THAT'S who he looks like. Everytime I saw him I would mutter to my wife that he reminds me of somebody. Some of his poses and photos remind me of an SNL skit.

PALGOLAK said...

N.B.

I moved the comment above from the previous post because, somehow, I had managed to turn off comments for this post.

It seems like it is working now.

Anonymous said...

EXACTLY! YOU'VE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. I TOO ALWAYS THOUGHT HE REMINDED ME OF SOMEONE AND THERE IT IS BUT COULD NOT PUT MY FINGER ON IT. THANKS DOUG FOR YOUR INSIGHT!

Anonymous said...

So you are who I thought you were! Doug? Your stuff is very interesting reading and as I would have imagined....just like you...you're completely nuts.

PALGOLAK said...

I categorically deny being named "Doug" (which, BTW, is "Fish" in Hebrew).

The first anonymous commenter is obviously deranged.

Anonymous said...

Fishhead....stinkin' flippin' cod!

Anonymous said...

Not to be nit-picky here but Sarkozy's eyes are blue, not brown.