2009/12/03

Glee
Glee-ful entertainment the whole family can enjoy

One of the best things about medical marajuana is that it allows one to pleasurably watch the same televisual entertainment more than once, or twice, or even three times.

I only mention this because this morning, the Sheraton Centre elevator was playing Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" (N.B. I had to look it up to find out who the band is).

"So what?", one might reasonably ask oneself.

Well, I had watched the first episode of Glee two nights ago but had totally forgotten that the climax of the episode was a duo rendition of "Don't Stop Believing", and furthermore it had been fantastic!

The one and only reality show I ever watched was "Survivor — Australia", so I have never seen any of the Idol series - American, Canadian, Portugese, Slovenian, or otherwise. I suspect that the sheer energy captured in the performance scenes on "Glee" is the same energy that has made the Idol series so popular over the years.

The song "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey is now stuck in my head, perhaps permanently:

Just a small town girl,
livin' in a lonely worrrrrrrrrld,
She took the late night train going annnnyywhere.

Just a city boy,
born and raised in South Detroiiiiiiiit,
He took the late night train going annnnyywhere.

etc.

I must be in a good mood because I came very very close to bursting into song as I was typing those lyrics...

To see a list of other tunes covered by Glee, click on this link right here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you watch Glee.....

PALGOLAK said...

Indeed I do -- in the episode I watched last night, this line amused me so much I wrote it down.

Teacher to washed-up ex-Glee Club member:

"It's not too late for you, April. We just need to sober you up and find you some underwear."

[April nods her head resignedly]

Anonymous said...

wow ho could have missed that line in the show....

ea sandy mackay said...

Television:

Check out the Republic of Doyle
set in Newfoundland, based on Rockford Files (seems to me) on CBC 9pm Wednesday nights (or streamed from the cbc website.